Tue, 14 Nov|
Roma Street Parkland
Another Late Afternoon Walk
It has been suggested by the regular walkers that we should have late afternoon walks starting at 4.30 pm, which is ideal to do in summer. This was a great success. So we want to do a similar walk starting from the Roma Street Parklands. The Cost is $20 per person, as the free drink is alcoholic.
Time & Location
14 Nov 2023, 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Roma Street Parkland, 1 Parkland Blvd, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
About the event
- The start time will be 4.30 pm.
- Meet at The Garden Room Cafe ( 1 Parkland Blvd, Roma St Parklands)
- We visit The Spectacular Garden (Roma St Parklands) and spend some time visiting the parklands before starting our walk
- Walk to Wickham Tce and visit The Windmill, then continue onto The Story Bridge and cross the bridge before entering the riverside walkway and then following this along the river bank to Southbank.
- We finish at The Plough Inn at Southbank (or you can suggest another venue?)
- It is a 6km walk.
- It is mainly a flat walk with a fair bit of shade, and there are many drinking taps.
- At the finish, we can have a coffee/drink/bite to eat at The Plough Inn (or a venue you suggest)
- It is best to catch the train to Roma St as the Garden Room cafe is close to the railway station. Finally, you can use the City Cat at Southbank or South Brisbane train station to return home.
- Walkers will need a Go card for the city cat.